Proper care and maintenance of your furniture are essential to ensure its longevity and preserve its beauty. By following these guidelines, you can keep your furniture looking its best for years to come.
1. Dust regularly: Dusting your furniture regularly is the first step in maintaining its appearance. Use a soft, lint-free cloth or a feather duster to gently remove dust from the surface. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals that can damage the finish.
2. Clean spills immediately: Accidents happen, and when they do, it's important to clean up spills promptly. Use a clean, damp cloth to blot the spill, avoiding rubbing or scrubbing. For stubborn stains, consult the manufacturer's instructions or seek professional help. Avoid the use of alcohol or bleach-based cleaning agents as this will soften and wear away the coat of sealer on wooden furniture.
3. Maintenance: Natural finished products - Use a soft wax such as Cobra floor wax, Woodoc antique wax or a Soft Wax to maintain your Houtlander wooden furniture once every 2 months after cleaning with a damp cloth.
Ebony, Java or Dark Brown finished furniture can be maintained with the same products as the Natural finish but could also use a colourless liquid wax such as Woodoc Deep penetrating furniture wax.
4. Avoid extreme temperatures: Extreme temperatures and fluctuations in humidity can cause wood to expand or contract, leading to cracks and warping. Keep your furniture in a stable environment, away from heating vents, fireplaces, or areas with excessive moisture.
5. Use coasters and place mats: To prevent scratches, water rings, and heat damage, always use coasters, place mats, and trivets when placing hot or cold items on your furniture. This simple precaution can help preserve the integrity of the surface.
6. Regularly rotate cushions: If your furniture has removable cushions, rotate them regularly to distribute wear and maintain their shape. Fluff and plump cushions to prevent sagging and ensure optimal comfort.
7. Protect from sunlight: Prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause fading and damage to your furniture. Position your furniture away from direct sunlight or use curtains and blinds to block out harmful UV rays. Consider using furniture covers or protective coatings to further shield your pieces.
8. Professional cleaning of upholstery: For deep cleaning or stubborn stains, consider hiring a professional furniture cleaner. They have the expertise and specialized equipment to safely and effectively clean your furniture without causing harm.
9. Regular inspections: Periodically inspect your furniture for any signs of damage, loose joints, or wear. Addressing these issues promptly can prevent further damage and extend the lifespan of your furniture.
10. Store properly: If you need to store your furniture for an extended period, take the necessary precautions. Clean and dry the pieces thoroughly, and store them in a clean, dry, and well-ventilated area.
Timber products are warranted for domestic use for a period of 4 years from date of delivery / collection in respect of frame and workmanship. Should the original product be altered in any way, the warranty will be voided.