Spindle Bed-3 Quarter
The Houtlander Spindle Bed, a wooden bed with simple, elegant lines in the Shaker tradition.
We have considered every detail, foremost in our minds in this design was to create a platform bed with a detachable headboard that would never loosen with daily use or over time.
- The Solid Oak Frame is as sturdy as can be with perfect joinery, designed never to fail or move in the slightest.
- The legs are permanently joined, with a spilt and wedged round tenon joint, there is no possibility of them ever working loose.
- The detachable headboard is attached into a perfectly cut dovetail and fixed there with 8 Allen Cap screws. The spindles are perfectly toleranced to ensure permanent bonding.
- The baseboard is made with European Birch Plywood with slots cut through to ensure proper airflow through the mattress above
- A single leg in the middle means it will never sag
As with all our products, this bed is constructed in highly durable, sustainably harvested, American White Oak. Made to last as long as the timeless style it has been designed with endures.
Available in 4 Finishes. Also available in extra Length
Timber products are warranted for a period of 4 years from date of delivery / collection in respect of frame and workmanship. Should the original product be altered in any way, the warranty will be voided.
Manufacturing can take up to 6 weeks from order. This excludes the holiday period from the 15th of December to the 3rd of January.
Houtlander distribution centre will contact you to arrange delivery on any week day between 09h00 and 17h00. No deliveries will be made during weekends or on public holidays. Reasonable endeavours will be made to deliver the product on the arranged time and date.
Circumstances that are unforeseen or beyond Houlanders’ control may result in changes to the agreed delivery date and time of which you will be telephonically informed and alternative arrangements will be made.
Please inspect your products on delivery.